Fannin’s Home School Compact
Students at Fannin Middle School will be responsible for:
- Their self-discipline to meet classroom expectations and be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Being leaders by making good choices and knowing the positive and negative consequences for their actions.
- Maintaining their eligibility and taking an active role to promote their school.
- Striving to do what is right by following school rules and taking ownership of their behavior.
- Taking home any letters or information (written or verbal) in an effort to encourage parents to come to the school and communicate with teachers.
Teachers/Staff at Fannin Middle School will be responsible for:
- Incorporating the TEKS in their instruction and meeting multiple learning styles in a variety of classroom environments.
- Being aware of individual student needs, listening for student outcries, and utilizing support staff.
- Setting high expectations, modeling appropriate behavior, and recognizing student success.
- Being consistent in standards, procedures, parent communication, and overall student expectations.
- Working around parent schedules to provide opportunities for parents to communicate with the school about their child’s progress.
Parents at Fannin Middle School will be responsible for:
- Reinforcing promptness, respect, dignity and being aware of what their child is learning so that reinforcement of school work can take place in the home.
- Continually talking to their child about choices that are made concerning activities, friends, dangers and school conduct.
- Playing an active role in their child’s academic and extracurricular activities by attending events, communicating with the school, and positively promoting Fannin in our community.
- Being aware of activities at Fannin.
- Initiating contact with the school about their child when he or she starts to struggle.
- Contacting the school when they have a concern or when something may have changed at home that will affect student’s performance at school.
- Playing an active role in communication with the school and reinforcing/supporting school rules and procedures.
Student Signature: _____________________________________________
Parent Signature: ______________________________________________
School Signature: ______________________________________________